Friday, May 10, 2013

High Chance of (Baby) Showers

It is finally confirmed that I will be photographing my coworker's baby shower this Saturday. I've never considered it, but it's actually a much bigger affair than I was expecting. In a banquet hall, I'll be juggling both portraits in a corner and taking candids around the place. It would be nice to have an assistant or second shooter, but I wouldn't consider it a professional gig. It's the first event I've officially done, and I'm mostly doing it as a friend.



I've already started doing a little bit for her album, as someone in the office had been finishing up her (beautiful) centerpieces. Props to the girl who planned it out!


Luckily, I took my speedlites with me since I was practicing in the morning, and used some clinical exam table paper as a backdrop. The rest took a little bit to plan out, and I had to shoot it on the floor, but I think the result turned out pretty well! It might serve as a nice cover/first page to the album.
Two more days to the big event!

No comments:

Post a Comment